Over the past several weeks things have gotten progressively easier and our Little B is changing and growing every day. She's starting to fall into a routine, minus a crazy night last night. Mike and I felt like we were in a movie as she decided to stay awake for about 6 hours straight, which meant she fell asleep at 2am. This was only after we finally decided to take her out for a drive at about 1:30. I guess all the cliches are true because she resisted any other efforts to lull her to sleep. In addition, Bella (the dog) decided to puke on the carpet around 1:00am. We sort of felt like we were living in a movie. We have her fingers crossed that she will return to her 11:15pm-ish bedtime tonight and we are just grateful that she chose a Friday night to stay up all night so that Mike could help and not be completely exhausted for work.
We've been having a lot of fun watching her change and meet milestones. She rolled from front to back on Mike's birthday (June 2) and we are also starting to catch some smiles. These were the result of Mike kissing her before he left for work earlier this week. She also is grasping on to toys, but not really reaching for them yet. We tried introducing a bottle of pumped milk a few weeks ago, so that I can maybe get a break from time to time, but it's been a bit of a challenge so far. We are hoping by the time Aunt Sarah's wedding rolls around that she will be more willing to take a bottle.
 |
| Smiling from Daddy's kisses |
 |
| A bit tacky? Yes, but we couldn't resist. |
 |
| Holding on to her toy | |
|
|
|
 |
| First bottle |
We've been reading, singing and talking as much as we can and we did our first Mommy and Baby yoga class this week. We were planning to go as a family this morning, but scrapped that after our adventure last night.
 |
| Baby yoga |
 |
| Baby yoga |
|
|
|
 |
| I caught her napping like this after yoga. I think she was putting her new skills to practice. |
 |
| Bedtime story |
The whole King family visited a couple of weeks ago, and she took her second trip to the Hotel del Coronado, and went to her second restaurant to celebrate Dad's birthday.
 |
| Aunt Emily and Uncle Brian |
 |
| All the Kings |
Mike got to celebrate is first Father's Day with his Dad in town. We all went on a picnic at Presidio Park, and Bridget slept through it. Bridget truly has the best Daddy around.
Last week, Papaw (Steve), Nonnie (Ronnie), and Great Aunt Diane visited. We went to Balboa Park, make a third trip to the Hotel del Coronado (I guess this is where you take visitors) and had our first trip to the San Diego Zoo.
 |
| Smiling as she dozes off |
 |
| "The Del" |
 |
| Balboa Park |
 |
| With Mom at The Del |
 |
| With Dad at the zoo |
 |
| The whole group at the zoo |
|
|
 |
| Flamingos at the zoo |
 |
| With Mom at the zoo |
I've been trying to capture all of her tiny little features as much as possible, and these are a couple of my favorites. She is growing so fast. I tried to pack away her newborn clothes the other day, and it made me too sad that she is already grown out of them. We are trying our best to soak up every moment. I am pretty convinced that she is Mike's mini-me based on some pictures that Mimi and Poppy brought of Mike around the same age, and when Mike is holding her (or sleeping next to her) I see a lot of similarities.
 |
| Mike as a baby |
I'll try my best to keep the updates coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment